Monday 25 May 2020

Maya (The End)

Illustration: ©NishaSanu
I’ve been waiting here for quite a while now. For whom? For you? With feverish hallucinations so embroiled in the final fray of anticipation that has Time stopped to let the river gush by. I reveled at her inconsolable wails resonating into the vacuum of a nonexistent past. The present was no more than a disintegrated shell of dreams. Dreams that died in the noose of ridiculous illusions.
Has it been too long? It doesn’t matter, I’ll wait. I’ll wait till you come to the hands you promised to hold and heart you vowed never to let go. When I finally walk into the waters alone…yes alone! I know you promised to walk with me, but do you really have a choice anymore? Life has shown you greener pastures and given you greater promises to keep. You’ve walked too long on the tightrope between the choice of no choice and the choice you wanted to take. Let this be your redemption and my salvation. The same if you want it to be, but worlds apart if you look at it. Through our lives.
Remember the silly romantic you once met? She’s still alive. Not living but very much alive. Me. And that is why I wanted you to scrape up the vermilion and bring me some before I swathe the beguiling depths. It wasn’t tradition and it still isn’t. It is the last touch and last red I want to take with me, and a whole deluge of life through the eyes of a girl who knows she hasn’t lived to her heart’s content. It doesn’t matter though. You’ll never see the tempest raging and thrashing inside my calm demeanor. When you finally come to me, my eyes will spare you the deadly pain of loss. They will never meet yours again. Their salvation.
************************************************************to be continued……. 

2 comments:

I Want the Not-so-Honest Feedback!

Illustration: ©nishasanu There’s one thing we worry too much about-  Doing it right!  And there one thing we fool ourselves abou...